Working In Leadership Development for Indigenous Health and Rural Education (WILDFIRE)
Wildfire Parkville (Working In Leadership Development for Indigenous Health and Rural Education) is a subcommittee of Wildfire Clayton- the rural and indigenous health committee at Monash University. The club was established in 1993 by Monash University School of Rural Health (SRH) and is a branch of the National Rural Health Student Network (NRSHN). Throughout the year we host social and educational events that aim to promote the issues faced by rural and indigenous communities as well as opportunities to meet new people.
WILDFIRE aims to:
1. Foster relations between all students and health professionals interested in rural and Indigenous health and culture
2. Facilitate discussion, action and reporting/research on all rural and Indigenous matters amongst the student body and with our affiliates
3. Develop and maintain a multi-disciplinary approach
4. Support students during their educational life span through their rural and Indigenous experiences
5. Encourage a long term commitment to living and working in rural areas of Australia.